Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunday Pot Roast

I think roast is just a good Sunday meal. I wonder how many homes in America have roast on Sunday? I love cooking it because I can fix it in my trusty slow-cooker liner the night before then put it in the slow cooker in the morning before going to church.

When we get home, its ready to eat and because of the slow-cooker liner clean up is a snap too!

Got to love that!!
This is a large roast because I like to use the leftovers to make a pot of beef stew for the next week. Go here to see my beef stew recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2.5 lb Top Round Roast
  • 2 med Onion
  • 1 Jars of Mushrooms (feel free to use fresh, my family just likes the jar)
  • 6 Carrots (I like to use the long carrots and cut them in half)
  • 6 Potatoes (I like to use the small red potatoes uses as many as you need for your family and maybe a few extra for leftovers)
  • 2 pkg Beefy Onion Soup Mix
  • 2 pkg Brown Gravy Mix
  • 1 cup cold water

How To Prepare

  • In a large slow-cooker add your slow-cooker liner.
  • In a small bowl add cold water, onion soup mix and brown gravy mix, stir until dissolved. Set to the side.
  • Add meat to slow-cooker (I don't brown my meat, just add to the pot)
  • Layer Onion, Carrots, Potatoes, Mushrooms on top of meat.
  • Pour liquid mixture on top.
  • Turn slow cooker on low, cook 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment