Friday, September 4, 2009

Little Is Much

Have you ever been in the store and your little one say, "Mom, can we please get some of these?" I know, we have all been there. This week we were hit with a rather large bill, so having extra income was not in the picture. I was in the store getting meat from my favorite Food Lion when I hear, "Oh, Mommy I love these! Can we please get some?" My first reaction was to say, "No, we have no extra money this week!" But I stopped and looked at what he was asking for. It was a box of Cheeze-It crackers. They were on sale 2/$3 and I debated what to say. Then I looked at the box he was holding in his hand and said, "Honey, let me see that box please?" To my surprise I noticed a coupon for buy 2 save $2!!!! I was thrilled to get him two boxes for $1!!! Sometimes when things like this happen I just think God is looking down and saying, "Here have a blessing for all your hard work and rest assured Rachel, I have a plan and its much bigger then your plan." It was just a box of crackers but it reminded me that God loves us and will provide our every need if we just let Him have control of our lives. When we came home God worked out that large bill and I was reminded again how much He loves me. Our son could not tell enough people about his box of crackers and every time I see him enjoying a bowl I just smile and say, "Caleb, God sure loves us!" He always smiles and says, "He sure does Mom and I love these!!!

Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment