Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

I really enjoyed cooking last week! Planning a menu and knowing what you are going to prepare is a comforting thought for me. When cooking I often cook extra, for instance, last week we had turkey breast so I froze the broth and left over meat and this week we are having Turkey Noodle Soup, the extra roast on Sunday is going to be used in the Beef Stew next week. This makes life so much easier. They're getting left overs but don't even know it! Each evening I simply lay out the ingredients and meat for the next day (well, the meat stays in the refrigerator). In the morning before heading out for the day, I get everything ready for the evening meal. I do as much prep work as possible. I like to do this because it always seems when its time to fix dinner time is a crunch. The more I have accomplished the easier it is to cook and clean up is a snap. I love my crock-pot and often cook several meals a week in mine. Remember to use your crock-pot liners for easy clean up. This week we're having the following:

  • Sunday - Pot Roast-Slow Cooker, Baby Potatoes & Green Beans & Corn Bread
  • Monday - Turkey Noodle Soup & Grilled Cheese check back soon for recipe!
  • Tuesday - Chicken Spaghetti, Garlic Bread & Mixed Vegetables
  • Wednesday - Left Overs
  • Thursday - Pepper Steak-Slow Cooker over Rice, California Vegetables, Roll
  • Friday - Sloppy Joes, Chips, Pickle Spears & Raw Veggies The boys are having another camp out in the back yard with friends so this meal is their choice!
  • Saturday - Teriyaki Chicken Leg Quarters, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Wheat Roll

Go here to check out more great menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment