Looking for a good meal for a busy day or a quick Sunday meal? This recipe is great for those days you just need to plug it in a go! It was on our menu this week but did not get to it so we are having it Sunday! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Pepper Steak - Slow Cooker
- 2lb Strip Steak or Stew Meat
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 large Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 2-16oz can Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 2tbsp Cornstarch (optional)
- Rice or Noodles
How To Prepare
- Add slow-cooker liner to slow-cooker
- Brown meat and transfer to slow-cooker
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, onion, sugar, pepper and ginger and stir. Pour over meat.
- Cover, cook on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add peppers and tomatoes and cook an hour longer on high, covered. Read Note First before completing this step.
Note: if you like the sauce thick stop and follow the next step
- In a small bowl add 1 cup water with 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Mix until dissolved
- Slowly, add 1/2 to mixture before you add the peppers and tomatoes
- Mix well
- Check in 15 minutes to see if you need to add the remaining half to make it thicker.
Serve over rice or noodles
What I serve with this recipe...
- California Vegetables
- Bread Stick or Roll
- Fruit Salad
Go here to see other great recipies this week! Enjoy!