Sunday, October 25, 2009

Slow Cooker Liners

Okay, so by now you know how much I love Slow Cooker Liners and to let you in on a little secret, I often wake up thinking about a recipe creation and can't get it off my mind until I make it. That's what happen when I woke up this morning. I don't know about you but I hate cooking on Sunday. Its not so much the cooking as it is the clean up. Our budget does not allow for us to go out to eat every Sunday so over the years I have tried to come up with quick and easy meals for Sunday. Since my husband is now working two jobs and does not get to eat with us until Saturday and Sunday I like to have a hot meal for him on Sunday (well, most of the time). Today I was making BBQ Chicken Tenders, Mom L's Potatoes, Corn and Salad. Cooking the meat is always easy but I don't like coming home and cooking all the little side dishes and taking an hour to get lunch on the table. So, this morning I was trying to decide what to do because I knew the BBQ Chicken Tenders that I wanted to cook would not fill the crock pot (for best results when cooking in a slow-cooker is needs to be at least 3/4 full). Then I thought about my side dishes and it came to me....Fix it all in the slow-cooker in my favorite slow-cooker liners!


I put a liner in a bowl, added the chicken

Then added the 1/2 bottle BBQ Sauce, 1/4 cup Grape Jelly and Seasoned Salt
I pulled the bag out of the bowl, mixed it together by squeezing the bag (gently) and set it to the side.

Next, I put another liner in the bowl, washed and sliced the potatoes and placed them in the liner. Added 4 pads of butter, small sliced onion and again seasoned with Seasoned Salt
Pulled that bag out, gave it a light toss and set it to the side.

Then added one more bag to the bowl, filled it with frozen corn, a few pads of butter and a little sea salt. Removed it from the bowl, gave it a little mixing and set it to the side.
I tied each bag in a loose knot and and placed the items that would take the longest to cook in first. Since I was using my large oval cooker, I put meat on the left, potatoes on the right then added the bag of corn on top.
Since it was already 9AM and we wanted to eat lunch around 12:45 PM I went ahead and turned the cooker on high and when we came home.....
We had the best Sunday meal ever! Everything was done and ready to serve. Added a fresh salad which I made the night before and we were eating right after everyone changed clothes. Lunch in 10 minutes and the best part.....
Clean up was a snap! Which left more time for a good Sunday nap!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I might have to steal it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what a good idea! I've never seen anyone doing that before. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my site earlier in the week.

    ReplyDelete