Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Help, I Can't Sleep!!!


Last night was one of those nights where I went to bed tired, fell sound a sleep, but then, about 1AM, I woke up and could not get back to sleep! What do you do when you can't sleep? Do you lay in the bed tossing and turning getting mad (at your husband of course) because you can't sleep? Do you turn on the TV knowing that will solve the problem? Do you take a sleeping pill then pray really hard that you will wake up in the morning? I have done all those things too but over the years I have learned if I am awake the best thing to do is just get up. Now I realize there are many reasons why one can't sleep but I am talking about those nights where there is no reason. When I have those nights when I can't sleep I take it as the Lord waking me up to spend some alone time, just the two of us. I get a blanket and curl up in my chair with my Bible and often my devotion book and I have a little alone time with my Lord. The house is quiet, everyone is sleeping, there are no distractions. Often an hour or two will pass and I don't even realize the time. When I go back to bed, I seem to get the best sleep and I always wake up feeling so refreshed. So, the next time you can't sleep, get up and have a date with our Lord. I bet you will feel his love for you in a very special way. .

Psalms 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment