Thursday, June 11, 2009

Living A Life Of Faith

Do you have a life's verse? I know many people say, "The whole Bible is my life verse" but I mean a verse that you claim and when things get tough you can see these verses come to life and you just feel that God is right there with you. A few years ago I was really struggling and began to pray and ask God to increase my faith. Boy, did I not know that was like praying for patience! I claimed Matt 17:20
"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." I love the ending and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Knowing how much I love this verse my husband gave me a necklace with a mustard seen incased in a glass cube. How little that is and we do not even have that amount of faith. I also claimed Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." These verses have blessed me many times in the past several years and I am always reminded that God is right there holding our hand we just need to have faith in Him. In the past when things would come up in our lives I would have a melt down, get depressed and walk around sulking. After asking God to help me to just trust in him I have seen my faith increase and my pity party turn to joy knowing God is in control. A few weeks ago I was talking with my Pastor's Wife and I said to her, "God has really tested my faith over the past few years and I feel more at peace with Him today then I have in my whole life. I feel as though I can trust Him with anything that comes up and it is a good feeling to have that comfort." Little did I know, God was about to open the flood gates of testing. Yesterday I decided to take a much needed nap before leaving for our revival services. I got all snuggled into my bed, put on a movie for the boys and planned for a restful hour nap. About 30 minutes into my nap I felt big arms around me and I thought it was our 13 year old coming in to give me some hugs. I reached back to pat his face and felt whiskers so I knew it was not my son, I rolled over and it was my husband. I sat up and said, "Are you sick? What are you doing home?" He looked at me and said, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I was laid off and they are doing away with my position at work due to the economy." WOW!!! What a complete shock! No warning, just boom, no job and only three week severance package! We both sat still on the edge of the bed, then it was like the Holy Spirit filled our bedroom and a complete peace filled my heart and my life verses came flooding my mind.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ...."If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." I was so glad I had those verses at that moment. God knows all, today I have climbed into His arms and He is comforting me and has given me Blessed Assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment