Thursday, July 16, 2009

Living By Faith-Week 5

Do you ever look around and think, what is going to happen next? That is usually a question we ask when things are crumbling around us, right? Well, this evening as I was having my devotions I began to get excited! We are going into week 5 without a job and yet I feel a sense of excitement and wonder what is going to happen next? As our compensation is about to run out and as I wonder if we are going to receive an answer about unemployment and as I wonder how long we can live on less then half of our normal income, as I wonder how the car payment, mortgage, insurance is going to be paid, as I wonder how we are going to pay the $1500 a month medication bill when our insurance runs our? As I wonder about all that, I am filled with an almost child like excitement. No, I am not high! I just have complete peace knowing that God is going to provide. I mean if He can provide for a 13 year old to go to camp, then He can provide for our needs too. I watched a show today and there was a very famous lady giving financial advice and talking about how to make it in this day of financial crisis. There was a couple on there who's husband was a priest and they were crying and living in fear that they did not know what was going to happen. They "only" had $110,000 left to live on for the rest of their life and their house was only worth $210,000 and they had to sell their second car. As I listened to that I was so thankful that my hope is not built on things of this earth (and I must admit, I was also thinking about how long we could live on $110,000!!!). My hope is not built on what is in my checking account, my hope is not built on anything other then my Lord. I felt sorry for the priest who said, "I feel I have lost all hope, I went from counseling to now being the one that needs to be counseled." It brought to mind one of my life verses

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

We have no idea what our future holds, but unlike the priest, we know who holds our future. Our hope and trust is in the one who hung the moon and stars into space, our hope is in the one who opened a door for a little boy to play basketball, our hope is in the one who sent a 13 year old boy to camp. He is worthy of our trust and we continue to count our blessings and we continue to press on.

Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment