Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Deal of the Day @ Food Lion

We wanted to have taco salad for dinner on Thursday (you know using the free Catalina dressing here from a few days ago) evening but I was out of ground beef. I was running errands and decided to go into Food Lion to see if I could get any meat on sale.
The above meat would have cost me $62.15 but I paid $29.64 a savings of $32.51!

I was pleased to find this Tyson chicken on a double mark down plus I had 4/$1.00 off coupons! This chicken would have cost me $22 however, with coupons and double mark down I only paid $6.79 with a savings of $15.21!!! A great deal!!! What are we going to eat using this chicken?

Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli and Tomatoes

Grilled Chicken Strips on a bed of Garden Salad

Grilled Chicken Pita Pockets


I was excited to see the ground beef I needed for Taco Salad on clearance. A few packs that I purchased were a double mark down too! This was would have cost me $26.42 but I only paid $16.13 with a savings of $10.29 and I love it because its the 93% fat free so not a lot of fat to tend with, just meat! How are we going to use this ground beef?

Taco Salad
Meat Loaf
Spaghetti
Hamburgers
I purchased this roast for my Dad who enjoys having a "chunk of meat to nibble on" over the weekend. His Mom and Dad did this when they were older and now he likes to have some too! He cooks it in the crockpot and will "nibble" on it all weekend long! Its a little comfort food and provides him several meals. Enjoy Dad! This was another double mark down.
Its original price was $13.73 marked down to $6.72 a savings of $7.01
What deals have you found this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment