Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Corn on the Cob

I love a good ear of corn on the cob! When my brother was married in Iowa they had corn on the cob at one of the dinners and I can remember me an my friend eating several ears and when we left we craved good ole Iowa corn all the way home! Our corn is not quite that good but non the less, its a treat my family loves! Today Mr. Tom our neighbor gave us a few ears and my mouth started to water as soon as I saw what he had! As much as I was looking forward to having it with our baked chicken this evening, I forgot to put it in the pot! When I was fixing the plates, I saw it! Again, my mouth started to water. I did not want to wait for the water to boil so I decided to try my hand at the good ole microwave! I wrapped the peeled cob in a wet paper towel and placed it in the microwave for 3 minutes. That was the best tasting corn ever (no not as good as Iowa but great for us). No water to tend with, no pot to clean, no heat in the kitchen, just good fresh corn on the cob! It was so yummy! Thanks Mr Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment