Monday, July 19, 2010

What Would He Say About You? Good or Evil?

My sister is a wedding coordinator and has worked on countless weddings. She was hired a few months ago and this particular wedding was for a Pastor's daughter. My sister was excited to work with them. The Pastor's daughter ended up being the most ungrateful bride my sister has ever worked with. She tried and tried to make this bride happy. My sister was talking to the bride's Father and she mentioned to the Father how she just wanted to make the bride happy. The Father leaned into my sister and said in a quiet voice; "That's your problem, you're trying to make her happy and she is just like her Mother, no matter what you do you're not going to make her happy!" Recently while at a local sporting goods store with our boys I heard two gentlemen talking about their wives. One gentleman said; "It does not matter what I do for my wife, its never good enough and its never right." He then followed up with "I'm sick of it!" As I stood there listening to them rant about their wives I had to ask myself...if my husband sat around with his friends what would he say about me?

The Bible tells us in Proverbs 31:10-12, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." Wow! That last line "she will do him good and not evil all the days of her life" really struck me today. I had to ask myself, am I doing him good and not evil? Am I and encouragment to him? Am I being a help meet to him or am I a hindering block? Am I like the women these men were talking about? Is my husband saying to his friends or to himself "I'm sick of it!"

Our lives are wonderful works in the making and none of us has arrived. We are all in the process of becoming what we ought to be because God isn't finished with us yet. We all fail at times but use those failures as stepping stones not hindering blocks. Often my husband and I have a time where we ask each other "Is there something you would like me to work on?" Now, ladies, don't ask that question if your not ready to hear the answer. Don't ask the question then when he gives you an area to work on you lash out out him. If you ask the question, be prepaired for the answer.

George Muller said: The Lord taught me that the first business I needed to attend to every day was to have my spirit happy in the LORD. My first concern shouldn't be thinking of ways to serve and glorify the LORD, but rather, how to get my spirit into a happy state, and how to nourish my inner man." Do you have a happy spirit? Dose your husband say "she does me good?" Today I renew myself to work on a "happy spirit" not only in me but in my home and with my husband as well. May he say about me...She does me good and not evil all the days of her life.

Psalms 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment