Thursday, June 17, 2010

God Is Good In The Good Times And In Bad Times

372 days ago Mark came home and told me he was laid off and for a moment we were consumed with fear of the unknown. Then we felt God wrap his arms around us and lets know He would be with us each step of the way. Soon after the lay off Mark found a job but then that job dissolved as well. He's been working two jobs, leaving at 7am and returning after 10pm. Because of these hours we only see him Friday night through Sunday. When I would pray for him my eyes would always well up with tears because I missed having him home and it broke my heart when our youngest would ask, "how many more days until I get to see Dad?"

As I look back over the past year I am amazed at what God has done for us. We've made it through car payments, mortgage payments, astronomical electrical bills from the cold weather, insurance payments, groceries, Christmas and was it ever a great Christmas and on and on. God provided each and every step of the way. I'm was constantly being reminded of His great love. As I look back I would not change a single moment of the past year because not only have Mark and I grown in our walk with Christ but our boys have seen first hand the miracles of Christ in our family life and more importantly in their personal lives as well. Philippians 4:19 says..."But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Daily Christ knew our "need" and daily he provided. Often it was fun to see how God would supply. God gave Mark several jobs during the past year and when he would say this job is ending we we would say with anticipation "I wonder what God has in store now?" When we needed a bill paid or our son needed glasses God always provided. When we would get down in the dumps he was always right there to remind us..."just trust in me!"

Has the past 372 days been easy? No, there is always pain when growing. We know our adventure is far from over; however, today we're rejoicing because God gave Mark a job!!! Not just a job but a job providing for our "need" and a job that will allow Mark quit the second job!!! We're excited to go into this next adventure of our lives. We're excited to see what God has in store for us and we wanted to thank everyone who has prayed for us this last year. We serve a mighty God and today we continue to press on for the cause of Christ. To God be the glory, great things HE hath done.

Psalm 62:7
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment