Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Lemonade

Well, today was another one of those days where I had to make more "lemonade" like I did last week. As you have previously read it was our son's 9th birthday and I had great plans of making him a birthday cake. Well, I put the cake in the oven the same time as a roast and guess what? Yep, I forgot about the cake! As you can see below it was well done! Not burnt, just very well done!

When I pulled it out of the oven, I was at first aggravated with myself but then I had to laugh and ask, "Rachel, are you going to make lemonade or suck on the sour lemon?" So, I decided to make lemonade. And let me just say, it was some good lemonade too!
I knew I had cool-whip and jello to save the day so I put that on the back burner and the next morning ran to the local thrift shop to find some larger parfait glasses, well really wine glasses, but for this dessert they are parfait glasses.
Boy was I happy to find them for just .25 cents each at the Goodwill Outlet Center. I purchased 12 of them so I can make dessert at Easter with our family. They needed a good cleaning because they had the film that often gets on glass dishes.
Sitting next to my sink (of course in a pink dish) is the perfect
cleaning product to get that film off!

A few years ago my sister told me about Borax and how many things you can do with this amazing product! If you put a teaspoon in your dishwater or dishwasher your dishes will sparkle. Even that well done cake just wiped out of the pan when I let it soak for about 5 minutes. I love this stuff!!! To clean the glasses I filled the dishpan with with hot water, add about 1/4 cup Borax and let the glasses soak for about 15 minutes and they came out sparkling clean ready for a yummy dessert!

Now back to our dessert, I simply cut the middle of the cake into chunks and put 3-4 chunks in each glass. Then while the cook and serve pudding is still hot I poured it over the cake

One large box filled 5 parfait glasses.
Cover and place in the refrigerator till set and cool.
After cool, top with your favorite topping, for us it was cool-whip and pecans!

As you can see it was delicious!
I hope you will enjoy making lemonade when life
hands you some lemons too!

No comments:

Post a Comment