Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day At Our House

Often I feel so blessed to be on this amazing journey as a wife and mother. Its not always an easy journey but its one that I feel honored to be a member. Valentine's Day in our home is not only another day to express how much we love one another but its also a day for us to teach the boys the importance of making their love feel special. We do it all year but on this day we make a special point to make each other feel important and loved in a special way. I know one day I will not be their Valentine but for now I cherish the moments of being their one and only and enjoy teaching them to cherish the one they will one day love. For us, Valentine's Day is not about the gift as much as it is about doing things for one another to express just how much we love one another. Mark has adopted this as his holiday and he always has a little something special for us when we wake up. This year he gave me something I never buy myself, Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Truffles. Oh, my, LOVE those!!! The boys each made me homemade card. Don't you just love homemade cards? I know I sure do.
When I was a little girl about 8 my Grandma passed away and while visiting my Grandpa he gave me these little ceramic angles and I just love them. He had tears in his eyes when he gave them to me and said; "Your Grandma always loved these." Having them on my table reminds me of the love that has been in our family for generations.
Our youngest loves brownies so a holiday is not complete without these little jewels. Just bake in a mini muffin pan, top with a dollop of frosting and add a Valentine heart and you're set with a cute dessert.

Strawberry cake with strawberry frosting is always a hit but having it on Valentine's day just adds to the flow of PINK! Its the only time of year I get to decorate in PINK and I love it!!!

I love a good thrift store find and finding two of these little bowls just made my day. They were .25 cents each and were perfect holder for PINK candy and the other one had PINK cookies. Oh, did I mention I LOVE PINK?

This parfait glass were another find this past week at the thrift shop. I found 17 of these for just $2.99!! I have plans for them in a few weeks at our ladies fellowship but today they were filled with salt and topped with a tea light candle to add shine to our Valentine table.
I love going out with my friends for Girls Night Out. This past month I found these cute heart noodles which I fell in love with. For just $3 I was excited to add more PINK to my table!
Add some Italian Dressing, Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes, Olives and you have a yummy pasta salad which went well with our pizza. What a nice evening we had together as a family. The boys kept saying Thank You Mom & Dad for a great day. Its not always about the big things we do for our family its about the memories we build and the things we teach along the way. Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment