Monday, February 22, 2010

Food Lion

I've not been on a big shopping trip in several weeks. We've been eating out of the pantry and using up a lot of our reserve. It was time to start stocking up again so today was a good day to do just that. Even in the rain, its a good day to save money for my family.
My first trip was to Food Lion.
This week Food Lion OM Hot Dogs on a BOGO free sale (which I used for an easy dinner).
The butter was another BOGO free sale matched with a coupon made both for just $1.19 and
the Blistex was on a BOGO free sale matched with two $.35 cent coupons made
it just $.29 cents for both.
We eat veggies at each evening meal and I love to make vegetable soup so getting them on sale is great! This week FL has Libby's on sale for just $.39 cents. They were running low so I purchased 12 green beans and received a rain check for another 12 which I'll get next week.
Remember, rain checks don't expire so get them!
Another good deal this week in Chuck Roast for just $1.88lb.
I purchased these roast for $5 each which will provide 4 meals for my family.
Today I spent - $75.32
Total out of pocket - $22.02
Savings of $53.30

No comments:

Post a Comment