Ok, so as promised I made the meatballs for the boys for dinner this evening and let me just say YUMMY!!!!!! I am not a big meatball fan so I made these just for the boys and my honey knowing they would love them. I normally do not like them because they have so much filler that just turns my stomach. Not these! They were delicious if I do say so myself! I can't wait for my honey to get home so he can try them. They were super simple to make, below is the recipe if you would like to try them too.
3lb of Lean Ground Beef
1 package of Crushed Saltine Crackers
3tbsp Onion Onion
3tbsp Garlic Garlic
2tsp Creole Seasoning
1 Bottle of Kraft Original BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Grape Jelly
- Add first seven ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll into any size meatballs you desire. (use an ice cream scooper or cookie scoop)
- Place on baking sheet covered with foil. I like to bake mine about 10-15 minutes just to get some of the grease out and to seal the flavors.
- Remove from oven, let cool
- Place in a freezer bag and freeze until ready to use.
- This recipe will make 24 meat balls
How to Prepare
- When ready to use, remove as many as you need out of the freezer bag and place half in your crock pot (frozen is fine). Oh, don't forget your crock pot liner!!!
- Add BBQ sauce and grape jelly in a small mixing bowl, mix well.
- Pour over half of meat balls, add remaining meat balls and top with remaining BBQ sauce.
- This evening I wanted to cook them fast so I cooked them 3 hours on high, but if you're leaving for the day, cook on low. When you get home, remove the lid and it will thicken up and be oh, soooo yummy!