Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Salad

When the weather starts warming up I enjoy making cool dishes and this week its Chicken Salad! Finding chicken on sale last week just opened the door for a good chicken salad dish.

When starting my chicken I like to flavor the water so it gives the chicken even more flavoring.
I like to add 6 bouillon cubes to the water.

Bring chicken to a boil. For this serving I cooked 5lb of boneless/skinless chicken breast. I like to save my broth and use it for another recipe or another batch of Chicken Salad. I drain the chicken and put the broth into a container and freeze till ready to use again. Its a great soup starter!

I don't like to hand cut the chicken so I place it in the food processor and simply pulse it about 10 times. It leaves it chunky (which is the way my husband likes it) but makes it quick and easy to use the food processor.

After chopping up the meat add seasonings. I like to uses 1 tsp Onion Onion, 1 tsp Garlic Garlic and 2 tsp Seasoned Salt

Since one of the main ingredients is mayonnaise, you can win or loose your chicken salad if you don't use a good quality mayonnaise. I've tried several brands of mayonnaise and my favorite is Duke's. I like to use the spicy brown mustard instead of yellow mustard because I like the flavoring a little better. For this salad I used 1 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and 2 tbsp mustard.
Again using the food processor chop celery and onion

Once everything is mixed I like to add chopped purple grapes and boiled eggs.

This is a great recipe for any gathering or just a summer day at home!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family enjoys it!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks delicious!! I have been craving chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete