Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwiches

Got company coming over and you're not sure what to make for dessert? Ice Cream Sandwiches are always a hit! This evening I found these cookies on clearance so I thought I would make my boys a special treat! I made a dozen sandwiches for just .50 cents each. A special treat for the special men in my life!!
The best way to make an ice cream sandwich is to not only freeze the ice cream but freeze the cookies too. Pre freezing the cookies will keep the ice cream from melting once you build your sandwich. The same applies if you make an ice cream cake, pre freeze your cake too.
Use an ice cream scoop and get a full scoop of ice cream. Top with an additional cookie and push together gently. You can also roll the sides of your cookies in nuts, sprinkles, coconut anything that sounds good!
Wrap in foil and place back in freezer until ready to serve, then......
ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment