Sunday, August 23, 2009

What Do You Do?

People ask me all the time, "What do you do with all the extra supplies you get?" Well, over the past few year I have really come to be a big believer in you can't out give God. Last week I was in a dollar type store and ran into an elderly lady who was talking to herself. Often when people do this I tend to move away and not get to close. For some reason my heart was drawn to this lady so I decided to listen to what she was saying. She was looking at the $.99 cent bag of BBQ chips and not knowing anyone was listening she was saying, "These look so good, I have been wanting these." Then she looked in her hands and she had three cans of spaghetti and a loaf of bread, she said, "No, not this week, I have just enough to get this." She then turned around and saw the .25 cent bag of chips and she began to smile. Again, out loud but still in a quiet voice she said to herself, "Maybe I have enough for one of these." She was in one line and I was on the other side of the aisle at another register. The cashier rang her up and she said to the cashier, "If I have enough I want to get this bag of chips too." She did not have enough, she only had .18 cents left. Guess what was sitting on the shelf next to me in line? You got it, a large bag of BBQ chips. I put them with my items then told the cashier to give them to the lady when I walked out of the store. I got in my car and pulled out of my parking space and sat in the back of the parking lot and waited for the lady to come out of the store. When she came out she opened the bag I gave her and tears started streaming down her frail cheeks. That bag of chips cost me what I was saving in coupons but it was worth so much more. We may not have all we want but God has blessed my family with more then we deserve. Even during the tough times, God has been right there with us blessing us time and time again. So for me, giving back is part of my journey. Before my feet hit the floor in the morning the Lord and I have a nice talk. I love starting my day off by praising Him for all he has done and I always ask Him to put someone in my path that I can be a blessing to. Today, he blessed me again and allowed my family to be a blessing to a precious young lady going to college. Her name is Stephanie and she is going to Pensacola Christian College. The thing that impressed me about this young lady is that she has been living in Japan with her parents who are missionaries. She left home and the life she knew, flew 13,000 miles to come America to attend a college she feels is God's will for her life. Her Dad will be leaving her at college then flying back to Japan. I began to think about that this afternoon. As I was thinking about what an amazing family this must be and what a sacrifice they are all making, my husband began to thing about her too. I love it when God works like that. After talking for a few minute about her we decide we would fix her a care package to take with her to college. I was so happy I had a nice stock pile to pull from and we had fun working as a family this afternoon gathering supplies to present this gift to our new friend. We have adopted Stephanie while she is spending time at college and look forward to growing our relation ship with her and her family.

We made her a tower of gifts

Tower #2

Tower #3


This gift tower would have cost my family $65; however, with coupons it cost less then $10.

Psalms 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path,

Let Him light your path this week and on your path ask the Lord to
show you someone whom to be a blessing to and enjoy the journey.
Make sure to share your blessing with me, I would love to hear about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment